Last week I received The Stylish Blogger Award from APPLESandRUBIES and semiweeklyeats! I’m both extremely honored and slightly anxious about the list of 7 things you may or may not know about me that I have to include in my acceptance speech. I’ll make this quick and painless for the both of us… Here goes:
1. I sleep with my eyes open. Scary, I know. I also found out a couple of years ago I’m incapable of blinking (fully that is – otherwise that’d be really scary). I like to think this is my only flaw…. or at least this is what I tell my husband. This imperfection is easier to bare knowing my favorite villain, Wilhelmina Slater has the same problem.
2. My dream is to have a shared warehouse full of my friends and their incredible talents. Kind of like Duff from Ace of Cakes – I couldn’t think of a better executed career. What’s the point of having success if you don’t enjoy creating and sustaining it?
3. Last week I went to go see a narration of Brian Greene’s children’s book, “Icarus at the Edge of Time” with music by Philip Glass. It’s a story about a boy who runs away from home to explore a black hole. I’m ashamed to say I fell asleep halfway through the show, probably with my eyes open.
4. I love vinegar. I could talk about this for hours but I’ll spare you the torture. Aside from being delicious, it’s also an amazing way to clean your home. I love the fact that it does an awesome job without using harsh chemicals that are bad for your family and the environment.
5. I’ve worn glasses since I was 5 years old. My first pair were extra large and hot pink.
6. I was carried into our wedding reception in a domed chair encrusted with crystals and pearls. By then I had already lost my voice and couldn’t yell at the two arguing men who almost dropped me because they couldn’t agree which direction to go.
Here’s a close up:
7. This past Friday I sipped hot spiked cider overlooking the White House from the rooftop of the W Hotel. Sometimes I forget how amazing this city really is.
Thanks again to Loretta and Jesse; you two add so much to my morning ritual. Here are the blogs I’d like to pass on this award to who also add style, humor and inspiration to my mornings and evenings: